6 months ago
The Boeing Company is currently seeking experienced Software Engineers to join the Training & Professional Services organization in St. Louis, MO.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Vertical
Lift Training Solutions (VLTS) Software Team. As a member or our team you will develop the aircraft simulation and system software for AH-64 Apache Helicopter customers and have the opportunity to expand into other aircraft platforms such as Chinook and AH-6I. This development includes incorporating the newest Apache aircraft technologies into high-fidelity integrated simulators to support US Government and international customer's Aircrew Training needs.
In this position you will cover the complete software development life cycle from requirements analysis through design, development, test, integration and sell-off to the customer. Additionally, you will participate in the evaluation and prioritization of trainer problems and enhancements. Our team operates in an Agile software development environment, so previous experience in an Agile environment is desired.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
* The ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security clearance (post-start)
* 5+ years of professional experience in Software Development.
* 2+ years of experience with C++
* Experience working through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
* Professional experience with Ada, Real-time Software Development, Linux, and GIT
* Prior experience working in an Agile Software Development environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability and desire to work in a team environment.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award