12 months ago
Software Engineer - Global Joint Fires Solutions
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
The position is focused on the design and development of mission critical software components for Global Tactical Datalink Communications system on both Windows and Android platforms. A successful candidate will be an energetic and positive-thinking individual who is able to function effectively in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment. The engineer will be responsible for performing software development tasks under direct supervision.
The candidate should be comfortable with working on new concepts, have experience maintaining existing software, and be able to develop and enforce best practices for the project.
Key experience needed:
● Experience testing software on or with target hardware as part of integration efforts
● Mobile Human Factors/Human Machine Interface/User Interface Design
● Hands-on experience in creating, reviewing, and testing Java mobile and desktop applications.
● Advanced version control tools such GIT and SVN
● Knowledge of overall software development lifecycle (SDLC)
● Experience working in an Agile development environment
Nice to have skills and experience:
● Familiarity with Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, JAMA, Bamboo
● Hands on experience in C++ desktop and mobile applications
● Experience developing hardware interfaces
● Human Factors/Human Machine Interface/User Interface Design
● Experience refactoring code to achieve robustness, performance improvement, or lower inter-dependencies
● Experience writing unit tests for existing suite of software products
● Some travel may be required (25% annually)
● Gradle build system familiarity
● Experience with Google Protocol Buffers
Successful candidates will have:
● Positive attitude that is adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to a positive work environment
● Ability to work with remote sites and team members; build relationships with global engineering team
● Strong collaboration skills that facilitate effective communication with teammates, both Systems and Software engineers, in order to make sound engineering decisions
● Exceptional communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical issues, risks, and status in both written and oral form
This position is located in Richardson, Texas. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified candidates.
● Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline (Software Engineering or Computer Science preferred)
● Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
● 1+ years' experience in software development on Windows (C++) or Android (Java) environment
● 1+ years' experience in object-oriented architectural and design patterns
● Networking experience (TCP, UDP)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.