4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Actuation Systems, Regional Business Jet Programs is seeking software engineers to support development and verification of aerospace software. The ideal candidate will have experience managing projects/tasks across functionally and geographically. This opportunity would perfectly align with someone that is looking for career growth and development. A staff engineer will be expected to own the multiple tasks required to produce a certifiable product. This role requires a high-degree of flexible thinking and comfort with swift context switching. Position requires strong communication and interfacing skills with team members, upper-level management, customers, and auditors. Candidate must have a personal sense of responsibility to the success of the team.
* Internal and external technical focal point for software development
* Support certification of embedded software for controlled actuation systems. Including planning, development, and verification.
* Ensuring design assurance levels are met per RTCA Aerospace Standard DO-178B or its equivalent
* Facilitates a positive culture of continuous improvement and fosters the application of ACE Operating System throughout the program
* Ensure software team meets or exceeds commitments for internal and customer deliverables
* Ensures compliance with applicable standard work and UTC Product Introduction (UPI) process directives
* Captures lessons learned and ensures read-across to other IAPS and UTAS programs
* Help develop the software program engineering budget and schedule
* Manage the software engineering budget in accordance with the program plan
* This role requires a high-degree of flexible thinking and comfort with swift context switching.
* Expected to own the multiple tasks required to produce a certifiable product.
* Have a personal sense of responsibility to the success of the team.
* Requires strong communication and interfacing skills with team members, upper-level management, customers, and auditors
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 5 years of experience in software development/verification teams and DO-178 (Level A) or similar military standards
* 3 years of experience in Aerospace
* 1 year of DOORS experience
* 1 year of C programming
* Full life-cycle software development experience
* Previous experience with any of the following software/tools: IBM Rational Change, IBM Rational Synergy, Matlab, Code Composer Studio, Rational Rule Checker, Cygwin, Eclipse, Notepad++, Beyond Compare, Cygwin, GCC, Rational Test RealTime, CodeBlocks, MS Office, Visio
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering
* Master’s degree preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.