about 1 year ago
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space.
For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.
This position is for an entry level Software Engineer I in the Electric Power and Controllers Center of Excellence (EPC COE) - Software Engineering group.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for software specification, design, development, documentation, testing and support of engine, auxiliary power unit and cabin pressure controls
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Some travel
- Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Requirements and design
Software architecture and coding
Analytical skills & software development skills
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, from an accredited college or university
* Must complete highest level of education no more than 12 months prior to hire date
* Must be a U.S. Citizen due to contractual requirements
* Demonstrates an understanding of the Software Life Cycle and sound SW Engineering practices
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, from an accredited college or university
* Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
* Understanding of interrupts, DMA, queues, stacks, shared memory, and serial I/O design
* Good diagnostic and debugging skills
* Experience with emulators, symbolic debuggers, and/or simulation tools
* Familiarity with test equipment: logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes
* Aerospace experience desired, but not required. PE or EIT certification will be considered, but not required Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 4 years work experience in the development of software under MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
* Adaptability to a variety of assignments - Strong 6-Sigma and IPDS focus
* Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
* Ability to act as a team member, contribute to team efforts
* Good listening and negotiating skills
* Ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; both verbally and written
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Why Our Employees Chose Aerospace
* Continued Professional Development
* Remote Access Required
* Some Travel Required
* Job ID: HRD2706
* Category: Engineering
* Location: ., Aguadilla, PR 604 PRI
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.