5 months ago
The NOALS team is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer 3 based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You’ll get to Do:
The Software Engineer will support an operational program environment by developing new capabilities, troubleshooting/ resolving problems, and supporting real-time satellite launch events in a dynamic operational environment. This is an opportunity to maintain and evolve a satellite ground system in support of Mission Applications and GUI development and
Responsibilities include all facets of the software design, development, and integration life cycle for software and database changes identified by program personnel especially as it pertains to Command and Telemetry processing. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new software support capabilities; software, COTS/GOTS integration; implementation of software using Java, C/C++, C/Python scripts, Oracle applications, and other programming tools. Resolve technically challenging issues and proactively evolve system requirements. Support rehearsals and day-of-launch activities.
This is a position in which one has the opportunity to work at a operational customer facility in a dynamic environment where one can directly impact the success of an important mission.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) related field
- 5 Years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters
- Experience developing software using JAVA and/or C/C++
- Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Able to lead small teams as they develop SW and troubleshoot SW to find/fix defects
- Experience in the development of User Interface, process control, algorithms, and/or relational database management applications
- Experience with development with Oracle, and PL/SQL
- Experience with manipulating streams in binary and hexadecimal formats
- Experience with Apache Camel, Spring, or other ESB
- Experience with Configuration Management and the ability to create install packages and deployment techniques
- Experience with operating systems, to include unix, linux, windows and ability to navigate and debug
- Experience with space command and control operations and concepts
- Knowledge of satellite ground system concepts
- Current TS/SCI with Poly.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Engineering Systems
- US-US-CO-Colorado Springs