3 months ago
Software Development/Integration Lead
New Orleans, LA US
CACI is the prime contractor for the MyNavyHR Transformation program, a large-scale integration and development transformation effort, that will offer significant growth opportunity for candidates. This position will be a unique and exciting career opportunity that will involve the integration, development, and deployment of enterprise wide systems involving COTS ERP, SaaS solutions, mobile solutions, and enterprise data analytics in a state-of-the-art Agile development environment. The transformation and integration of over 50 legacy systems to ERP and SaaS solutions will be a monumental technical experience for this position. In addition, the resulting solution will deliver direct support to our Navy Sailors and their families.
At CACI, our philosophy of employee advancement rests on a cultural foundation of providing unlimited equal opportunity for growth, recognition and rewards. We provide the environment and support to immediately nurture and stretch your abilities. The project offers a 5-year contract opportunity and a significant exposure and growth opportunity for individuals joining CACI. This project is part of a significant strategic growth plan centered on human capital systems and other ERP and SaaS lines of business in CACI. Joining the project offers more than a project assignment; it offers a career growth opportunity in a growing and strategic CACI line of business with great success for Federal and DoD market customers.
The Navy has aging IT systems that cannot support a modern Navy growing to meet the demands of the National Security Strategy. Recognizing these shortfalls, OPNAV N1 has engaged in a full-scale modernization process called MPT&E Transformation which is expected to modernize personnel management and training systems to more effectively recruit, develop, manage, reward and retain the force of tomorrow. The MPT&E transformation program will bring together all MPT&E capabilities into a single, modern System of Systems Architecture (SOSA) to support the Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education mission. PMW240’s preferred approach employs a Cloud First strategy that leverages PaaS and SaaS based solutions within and hybrid cloud operating environment to support both Ashore and Afloat mission requirements.
The MPT&E transformation Development/Integration Lead will provide program and portfolio management and solution development and integration support for the MPT&E transformation program. Requirements include: mission requirements analysis; vision/strategy development; program and capability portfolio management; business process re-engineering; solution design and development; pilot project fit/gap analysis; and project and capability integration, test and deployment in fulfillment of the MPT&E transformation requirements. He/she must demonstrate the ability to manage technical performance and to implement in accordance with CACI and US Navy approved roadmaps to incrementally transform from the 55 systems currently supported within the US Navy MPT&E baseline to the target cloud based, system of systems architecture. The position requires extensive implementation experience for a large, complex software engineering and development program. He/she should have working knowledge of: the hire to retire business process; the Salesforce CRM platform; the PeopleSoft 9.2 or Oracle HCM Cloud platform; cloud/multi-cloud management platforms (e.g. BMC or ServiceNow); and the utilization of, and integration with a Cloud Brokerage framework. Business process transformation experience is critical given the customers desire to continue to streamline the Navy’s existing personnel and pay processes.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Provides program and portfolio management support; prepares progress reports and updates steering committee/executive management; anticipates issues and ensure timely resolution.
* Coaches and mentor’s senior and mid-level staff on the development of software engineering/implementation plans, and the identification deliverables and strategies for implementation of agile, COTS based system of systems and software development projects. Must be expert in the analysis of interdependencies, identification of contingencies, and analysis and mitigation of the risks attendant with software development, project integration (within a system of systems architecture), and composite solution integration, test and deployment within a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
* Leads the design and implementation of enterprise scale software solutions that operate in a high-performance hybrid cloud environment.
* Works with systems engineering team, customer and associate contractors to understand system/software requirements and develop design and implementation solutions that meet business objectives
* Formulates and presents architecture and designs for internal and external customer review
* Participates in and provides oversight of agile development teams. Ability to Mentor development and support teams by guiding the implementation to conform to SOA development standards.
* Implements Agile based solutions within a DevSecOps compliant framework (to include the use of a fully integrated continuous delivery framework).
* Prescribes test methods, ensures quality of test execution (in accordance with test driven development techniques), and ensures that enterprise level configuration management processes are implemented appropriately and efficiently.
* Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur; presents technical issues and their impact to management with recommendations for solution.
* Ability to effectively drive innovation and continuous process, service improvement.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field and 10-15 years of related experience. (Master’s degree preferred.)
* Understanding of governance and policy concepts and ability to create processes and policies and establish governance infrastructures.
* Ability to lead projects to produce scalable, flexible, robust and efficient solutions with modern distributed technologies (SOA (REST and SOAP), microservices, Business Process Management software, distributed/clustered database such as Oracle RAC database, and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
* Ability to design and develop required models and designs for such solutions (process modeling, DB modeling, orchestration models, interface definitions, WSDLs, XSD, security policy, etc.).
* Experience with the use, implementation of Model Based Systems Engineering tools (such as System Architect or No Magic Cameo).
* Ability to provide written high level and detailed design documents and development/implementation plans.
* Ability to collaborate with Program Managers, Developers, Testers, and Production Support Engineers to implement innovative technical solutions via iterative approach reducing time to delivery.
* Ability to set clear goals and lead collaborative achievements.
* Skilled in Agile software development (SAFe certified desirable)
* Familiarity with, and implementation experience using, the Strangler Pattern for evolutionary capability (versus systems) migration from the legacy to target environment
* Strong data transformation, data migration expertise
* Strong communication skills
* Capacity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* CMMI Level 2, 3 program implementation experience
* Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders (to include Associate Contractor and Customer personnel) to ensure program success.
* Familiarity with Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Jenkins or similar Application Lifecycle Management suites.
U.S. citizenship is required; employment is contingent upon successful completion of Secret Clearance investigation. Program will be headquartered in the Northern Virginia/National Capital Region.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.