9 months ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Strike, Surveillance, and Mobility Mission Systems (MS) team is seeking highly qualified Software Engineers to support the Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) 40/45 Mission Computing software development organization.
Selected candidates will:
Maintain development assets as well as design, build and integrate solutions which support a complex set of requirements
Provide engineering support for the Mission Computing development environment and computing assets
Coordinate with the software engineers and outside vendors to complete specified tasks
Lead software development team activities
Develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for Airborne Surveillance, Command and Control (ASC2) Mission Computing Operating systems software
Develop software unit and verification plans
Document results to ensure software system requirements are met
Lead development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics
Provide technical leadership for software projects and lead software supplier management activities
Serve as a subject matter expert for software Operating System domain, system specific issues, processes and regulations
Track and evaluate software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
Current Top Secret/SSBI
Software and Applications:
* Understanding and application of the principles associated with C/C++/C# development using appropriate GNU and Microsoft compilers.
* Shell scripting languages used in a Windows/Linux multi-platform development and operational environment (e.g. bash, Perl, expect).
* ClearCase setup, use and integration for a Windows/Linux multi-platform development environment.
* ClearQuest and Oracle setup, configuration, operation, and maintenance.
* Multiple Microsoft platforms and technologies (e.g. Visual Studio, .NET, PowerShell, Deployment Toolkit, Active Directory, and Group Policy).
Operating Systems and Related Technologies:
* Installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
* Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server, Red Hat Enterprise and CentOS Linux, NetApp Data ONTAP,LDAP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, and SAMBA in a multi-platform environment.
* Software Licensing tools and technologies (e.g. Microsoft licensing, FlexLM), IBM Key Lifecycle Management, VMware Virtualization Platforms.
* Encryption and secure communications options for data in flight and at rest.
* Knowledge and use of multiple networking protocols (e.g. tcp, udp, multicast, nat, and spanning tree).
* High availability storage system design and implementation (e.g. RAID and Cluster systems).
* Knowledge of different disk drive technologies and hardware elements that interconnect them (SATA, SAS, Fiber Channel).
* Knowledge of interfaces for computing system add-on hardware (PCI-X, PCI Express, PMC, and XMC).
* Strong understanding of switches, routers, hubs and required cabling to interconnect them (RJ-45, SC, LC, 10GbE).
* Enterprise Blade Server systems.
* Compact PCI and VPX single board computers and systems.
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award