3 months ago
Want to help a 100 year old company reach new heights?
Boeing is focused on designing and building in-house solutions and capabilities to ensure continued success in our 2nd Century. Through Analytics & Information Management Services (AIMS) and the Digital Transformation Environment (DTE) we are changing the way we work. We are a digital accelerator, partnered with all areas of the business, focused on innovative analytics products & services using industry standard software & cutting-edge development methodologies.
Join us as an early career Software Developer in our fast-paced and growing organization. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for technology who can: explore cutting-edge data analytics solutions, develop cloud-native software architectures and use modern software development practices such as TDD / ATDD / Agile / XP.
To be successful you need:
* Experience in Software Development. Our primary tech stacks start with Java and/or C#/.NET.
* A desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
* Great communication skills. You’re building the future of Boeing by teaching TDD through paired programming. You’ll need to apply extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts to deliver projects iteratively.
* Thought leadership. You will be expected to contribute to the technical practices developers use in their day-to-day operations. A strong customer focus, with a desire to use user-centric design to build products that delight the users.
* Problem solving skills. You will provide technical solutions and implementations to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
* Discretion: Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
* Technical advisory skills: May represent the project as a technical contact on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
* Willingness to learn new methodologies and software development discipline
* Interest and passion for coaching and sharing knowledge.
* More than 3 years of experience programming in Java and/or C#/.NET.
* Professional or academic experience working as a Software Engineer/Developer in an environment that utilized the Agile Software Development Methodology.
* Have the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences, and be able to quickly understand new technologies and come up with technology insertion plans
* Web or mobile application development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
* Multiple modern languages / frameworks such as: NodeJS/express, Java/Springboot, .NET Core, Scala/Akka, Python/Django
* Experience with multiple data-storage technologies: Hadoop, Kafka, Teradata, NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Dynamo, REDIS, etc.)
* Working on the full-stack from front-end all the way to deployment and scaling.
* Experience building enterprise distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based products/applications
* Experience in developing and running live services.
* Application instrumentation and Xtreme Programming.
* Experience in planning and applying continuous integration and continuous delivery CI/CD (practice, teach).
* Experience with production system designs, High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
* Experience in TDD and/or ATDD
Typical Education / Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award