6 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58700BR Date posted 01/05/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our IT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
As part of the Intelligent Aircraft - Digital Initiatives team, you'll help drive digital transformation by creating Big Data solutions using the latest web, cloud, data analytics and Internet of Things technologies. Our team leverages these tools to create a predictive analytics platform enabling transformative change to our aerospace customers.
In the Software Developer role, you’ll be a key contributor to the growth of these solutions. Experience in C#, AngularJS,
cloud PaaS and IaaS platforms, as well as structured and semi-structured data stores is required. Large scale, enterprise software development experience is also key to success in this role.
You will report to the Associate Director of Intelligent Aircraft - Digital Initiatives, and can be located in either Charlotte, NC or Windsor Locks, CT.
* Work with senior developers and architects to develop enterprise Big Data solutions.
* Develop algorithms to process streaming data into measurable analytic results.
* Rapidly develop prototypes for Proof of Concept or “fail fast” validation.
* Work with Business Analysts and Project Managers to translate business needs into stories and tasks.
* Accurately estimate project tasks and timelines.
* Assist in the creation of best practices and development standards.
* Stay current on the latest Big Data, cloud, IoT, analytic trends and technologies.
* 3+ years C#
* 2+ years MVC framework
* 2+ years structured or semi-structured data stores (SQL, NoSQL, Cosmos DB)
* 1+ years Angular or ReactJS frameworks
* 1+ years Cloud technologies
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Analytics platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Databricks
* Agile project methodologies
* Basic server administration
* Basic network administration
BA/BS degree w/6 - 10+ years overall IT experience
MA/MS degree w/4 - 7+ years overall IT experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.