9 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Perform surface finish/conditioning on coordination holes on tapered, tailored or integrally stiffened milled skins and spars using templates and jigs to properly position for subsequent finishing operations. Perform tasks such as reaming, countersinking and cold work to accomplish assigned tasks using templates and jigs to properly position for subsequent finishing operations on skin and spar parts such as wing skins, spars, stringers, webs, channel vents. Scribe tooling locations and reference lines as specified per engineering drawings and specifications. Diagnose and correct any detected discrepancies.
Job Responsibilities include:
1. Work from blueprints, templates, detail drawings, verbal instructions, etc.
2. Check finished parts to insure they meet quality requirements and specifications, using micrometers, trammals, probes, and other precision measuring instruments and equipment to verify own work.
3. Use hand and power tools to perform machined parts finishing duties similar in kind and complexity.
4. Operate ground controlled handling equipment to load and unload transportation equipment and to move parts within the shop.
5. Perform rework as required performing tasks such as filing, scraping, sanding, grinding and hand finishing milled spar, skins and parts to gauge tolerances.
6. Work may be performed with or without templates, jigs or fixtures.
7. Locate points, holes, etc., from previously established, definitely marked, or generally known station lines or index points deriving measurements and related information from prints, changes, position boards, assembly pages, specification books, work orders, templates, jigs, fixtures, tooling of any authorized type and source.
8. Perform visual and functional checks on tools and accessories and correct settings and make adjustments as necessary.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school diploma/GED and/or vocational/trade school training preferred.
* Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer applications.
* Basic knowledge in using precision measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, depth gauges, etc.
* Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings.
* Experience with any of the following tasks: Drilling, Reaming, Countersinking, Riveting, Close tolerance assembly operations, Deburring, Bushing installation, Bucking rivets.
* Training from a CORE PLUS program with manufacturing.
* Training from a Community and Technical College program with manufacturing.
Contingent Upon Program Award