10 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Methods
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Reporting to the General Manager, the Site Manager is responsible for the overall management, direction and coordination of shop operations. Ensures company production and quality objectives are being met while maintaining a safe, clean and well organized facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides leadership and accountability for the successful day-to-day operation of the site.
• Reviews production orders and schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
• Plans production operations each week, establishing priorities and sequences for the processing of products. Tracks progress to the production/sales plan daily.
• Prepares operation schedules and coordinates processing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets all specifications.
• Reviews production and operation reports and resolves operational, processing and maintenance problems to ensure minimal costs and prevent operational delays.
• Oversee and coordinate maintenance on machinery and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
• Develops best practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with all standards.
• Facilitates the introduction of and encourages the use of lean initiatives to streamline the production and administrative processes.
• Develops employee skillsets and provide employee evaluations
• Communicates with customers regarding various issues, delivery schedules, quality, etc.
• Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to the Human Resources Generalist for action.
• Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data from the ERP system.
• Various administrative responsibilities, including quotations and preparing invoices.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires travel up to 15%.
Candidate skills & requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with budgeting and expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting principles.
• Strong computer skills with the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office products.
• Experience implementing and using continuous improvement principles/lean tools.
• Must be able to provide consistent accountability for both employees and procedures.
• Understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
• Strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, assess and develop employees.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills.
• Ability to work with teams and lead decision making processes in a team environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of Part 145 Repair Station operations are preferred.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Management, Engineering or other technical discipline preferred.
• Minimum five years' experience in supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
• Aerospace industry experience preferred.
Manages two subordinate supervisors. Site Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
DOT/FAA regulations require all applicants for placement in DOT/FAA safety-sensitive positions will be required submit to a pre-employment drug test as well as random testing annually.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
North America, United States, Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years