about 1 year ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Site EHS & Facilities Leader will be responsible for responsible for ~400 employees at our facility in Norwich, NY. This role requires specific industry / business expertise and interaction with specific internal and external business customers. Includes daily management of both EHS and Facilities / Maintenance professionals that are hourly and salary based personnel.
* Provide day-to-day EHS, Facilities, and Maintenance support for ~400 employees at Norwich
* Ensure regulatory compliance with applicable federal, state, and local requirements and metrics reporting.
* Apply existing technologies, approaches, methodologies in new combinations to design new products, systems or processes – including the execution of Facilities Master Plannning.
* Viewed internally and externally as a leader in multiple disciplines (EHS, Facilities, Medical)
* Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risk reduction strategies and recommendations to senior business leaders (EB and SEB) within technical space and occasionally to senior leaders in partner technical teams.
* Direct oversight to loss prevention and risk mitigation for Insurance and Property (FM Global), including Crisis Management Planning (CMP) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP).
* Communicates solutions across functions and with cross-functional partner organizations.
* Deep functional, operational, and technical expertise across EHS and Facilities disciplines.
* Direct management of financials for operating expenses, discipline budgeting, and support of capital investments (ROI, etc.).
* Direct oversight of Worker’s Compensation and management of Medical services
* Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
* Develops annual plan for own unit
* Delivers data for the programs of encompassing units in the function or in the business and midterm plans
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in EHS and / or Fixed Facilities leadership
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Unison Industries, a wholly owned subsidiary of GE Engine Services, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of electrical components, sensors, and systems for aircraft, industrial, marine, military, and space uses. The Norwich facility provides product & design engineering, new product manufacturing, repair, overhaul, and technical support for customers. Major product lines include Power generation and control systems for gas turbine engines, metal encased ignition leads, sensors, space ignition systems, and satellite harnesses. Less than an hour and a half from Syracuse and 2 hours from the state capital of Albany, NY our Norwich location employs a multitalented workforce of 300+ employees who also live in the picturesque surroundings of upstate NY. The local landscape provides miles of land on which to enjoy outdoor activities such as cross-country skiing, hunting, hiking, boating & snowmobiling. See why we love Norwich!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; New York; Norwich
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.