5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Shipping Supervisor shall be responsible for:.
* Accountable for staffing, training, motivation and leadership within area of responsibility
* Develops a team work environment.
* Builds departmental standards for performance.
* Ensures that all employees in the Shipping Department are properly trained.
* Ensures that materials shipped are verified against pertinent documentation.
* Establishes and maintains procedures for determining and meeting company and customer delivery commitments by handling materials, providing labor, and effective use of time.
* Ensures that daily goals are met and sustained daily/weekly/monthly.
* Ensures company policies and procedures are reviewed often and notifies the Materials Manager when such policies or procedures may need to be revised to increase work efficiency in the department.
* 5 plus years supervisory experience and a High School Diploma/GED
* 3-4 years supervisory experience and AS Degree
* BS degree in materials management and 1 years supervisory experience or 2-3 years supervisory experience with other degree
* Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SAP required.
* Knowledge of and experience with all shipping functions, foreign and domestic, including domestic air bills, international commercial invoices and letters of instruction required.
* Knowledge of and experience with packaging materials used to safely transport all product required.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods.
* Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to follow and issue verbal and written instructions and to direct the work of others to meet customer needs.
* Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple and changing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
* Great attention to detail.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
Education / Certifications
* High school diploma or GED required
* Bachelor’s degree preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.