7 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57010BR Date posted 11/21/City Fort Worth
Our Landing Systems Business Unit designs, tests and manufactures a wide range of fully integrated landing systems. As part of Landing Systems, our Landing Gear business is one of the largest suppliers of integrated landing gear systems in the world and has built its reputation on performance and innovation. The company provides landing gear for a wide range of commercial, regional, military and business aircraft applications, outfitting aircraft from most of the world’s major airframers.
We are looking for an experienced Shipping Coordinator to perform Shipping responsibilities. The Shipping Coordinator will implement and execute all requirements associated with preparing product for shipment in a timely and accurate manner to meet customer need dates while adhering to Landing Systems standard work.
Duties and responsibilities of this role include:
* Responsible for adhering to all shipping requirements associated with the completion of all necessary paperwork as well as completing any other documentation requirements for outbound shipments to include, but not limited to, creation of warning labels, packing lists and tags in a timely and accurate manner
* Perform packaging and staging of finished goods material in accordance with packaging requirements
* Complete packaging of component material / aftermarket parts in accordance with customer requirements and industry standards
* Coordinate logistics freight carriers by participating in daily reviews with Production Control organization, as required
* Determine container (crate, box etc.) weekly / daily requirements through coordination with Production Control organization to ensure adequate time for preparing the shipping container
* Ensure shipments are completed in accordance with shipping schedules to meet customer need dates.
* Completes transactions in SAP for a given day’s shipments prior to start of next business day
* Cross train to support Receiving, Kitting and material handling positions
* Responsible for knowledge of FAR requirements associated with shipping product, as required, for each order
* Operate equipment using pallet jack, forklift, hand truck and other equipment to transport materials or equipment in work area
* General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas to include 5S
* Support department and company in Continuous Improvement initiatives
* Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the EHS policy and management system, the importance of conforming to EHS policies and procedures and consequences of failing to comply with EHS policies and procedures
* Support achievement of ACE Gold activities, as required
* Execute all tasks associated with the site macro plan objectives and site business plan, as required
* Perform other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of skill and experience
* Minimum of two years Shipping Coordinator experience; Preference given to those with experience in Receiving and Kitting as well as Shipping
* Demonstrated ability to read and interpret technical procedures, purchase specifications, and contractual terms and conditions
* Must be able to be certified to drive light duty trucks, operate pallet jacks and forklifts, and hand trucks. Preference given to those with forklift, pallet jack, and hazardous materials (HAZMAT) certification
* Experience with ERP transactional skills for Warehousing; Preference given to those with SAP experience
* Excel and word computer skills required
* Demonstrated computer skills using web based applications
* Can work independently with little supervision
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs in a safe and ergonomic manner
Education: High school diploma or GED required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.