3 months ago
Sheet Metal Mechanic - Fort Worth
DFW, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
SUMMARY: Service, repair and overhaul aircraft to ensure airworthiness. Works under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
* Has intermediate knowledge of all areas of the aircraft and assigned work area.
* Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work in specialized area of aircraft.
* Develop repair schemes utilizing SRM or Engineering data
* Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
* Complete job assignments in a timely manner.
* Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required reading.
* Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
* Conduct operational tests.
* Help with general clean-up of work area.
* Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs.
* Regular and prompt attendance.
* Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The following duties will apply based on the area to which the employee is assigned:
* Repair, replace, and rebuild A/C component structures
* Possess basic computer skills
* Repair & modify flight control surfaces and components
* Utilize special installation tools, such as blind rivet guns, etc
* Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify aircraft structure
* Complete specialized tasks, such as flap peening, cold working, etc.
* Fabricate repair parts using special shop tooling, such as brakes, stretchers, etc.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to read and interpret documents as well as communicate effectively with other maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
* Must have knowledge of fundamental maintenance operations and practices and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
* Ability to perform basic and intermediate mathematical functions.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
* Proficiency in relevant specialty of aircraft.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Airframe and/or Power plant License and level of skill customarily acquired after one year as a General Mechanic, or three years of related commercial / military aircraft experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high.
* May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
* This position requires use of a respirator.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.