9 months ago
* Heavy C&D Checks / B737 B747
* Please inquire for pay rate, per diem if qualify.
* Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
* Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
* Read work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts of structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
* Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
* Cure bonded structures, using portable or stationary curing equipment.
* Communicate with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts.
* Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
* Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders.
* Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* A&P license not required but must have at least 3 years aviation sheetmetal experience.
* Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modifications, E.A.'s, etc, with very little to no assistance.
* Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM.)
* Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* A valid clear driver's license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.