|Job Title:||Service Technician-Everett|
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:||NonExempt
|External Description:||SUMMARY: Assist with servicing, repairing and overhauling aircraft. Works under close supervision to perform basic tasks associated with aircraft maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
• Assists with accessing aircraft for inspection, cleaning, applying corrosion inhibitors, installing blankets, floorboards and panels.
• Monitor work area for safety during performance of various safety sensitive tasks such as fuel cell entry, moving aircraft in and around hangars and functional testing.
• Assist in the tool room during hours of peak demand, monitor maintenance line tool, parts and chemical cabinets. Ensure parts, equipment and materials are available when needed.
• Complete on-the-job training (OJT) forms and any required reading.
• Measure and cut sheet metal; use power and hand tools; prime, paint and seal aircraft parts; clean parts.
• Operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
• Help with general clean up of work area.
• Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs.
• Regular and prompt attendance.
• Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
• Ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
• Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability to use hand and pneumatic tools.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous education or experience in an environment requiring mechanical skills is preferred.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up.
• The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high.
• May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
• This position requires the use of a respirator.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at anytime.