3 months ago
• Resolves technical problems beyond the scope of the product unit operations group; liaises with manufacturers.
• Prepares detailed work instructions for operations personnel, outside of routine overhaul procedures.
• Provides interpretation and clarification of overhaul data; produces material review board, temporary overhaul data requirement, unit build standards, and engineering bill of materials documentation to support operational repair and overhaul processes.
• Reviews service bulletins and manual changes and incorporates amendments into production.
• Reviews warranty claims and advises management on the disposition of assigned items.
• Provides written or verbal technical advice for customers; produces reports relating to product serviceability, repair summaries, warranty, failure analysis or product configuration.
• Provides technical support during the implementation of new processes; specifies tools and test equipment required; assists in training on the overhaul and test methods.
• Advises on repair and improvement schemes together with feasibility studies.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
• Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments, gas turbine engine and/or accessory theory and performance analysis, PC's in the current company operating system environment and production management computer systems.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Thorough knowledge of company instruction, company process, unit build standard, temporary overhaul data revision and original equipment manufacturing manuals.
• University degree in mechanical engineering; or equivalent.
• Experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment.