5 months ago
Provides technical support to the business unit's operations, in association with gas turbine engine overhaul and repair processes. Provides technical support to operational areas to ensure cost, quality, and output levels meet desired business unit targets. Investigates and resolves issues of product engineering, testing, quality and process repeatability.
* Resolves technical problems beyond the scope of the product unit operations group; liaises with manufacturers.
* Performs engine test troubleshooting and performance analysis.
* Works, as a liaison, with the OEM and Customer Power Plant Engineers to provide work-scopes to the shop.
* Prepares detailed work instructions for operations personnel, outside of routine overhaul procedures.
* Provides interpretation and clarification of overhaul data; produces material review board, temporary overhaul data requirement, unit build standards, and engineering bill of materials documentation to support operational repair and overhaul processes.
* Manages technical variances with the OEM and Customer.
* Reviews service bulletins and manual changes and incorporates amendments into production.
* Reviews warranty claims and advises management on the disposition of assigned items.
* Provides written or verbal technical advice for customers; produces reports relating to product serviceability, repair summaries, warranty, failure analysis or product configuration.
* Participates in regular Program Review meetings and Technical Review meetings with the Customer and the OEM.
* Provides technical support during the implementation of new processes; specifies tools and test equipment required; assists in training on the overhaul and test methods.
* Advises on repair and improvement schemes together with feasibility studies.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out special projects as assigned.
* Good understanding of manufacturing methods, shop equipment and machining processes.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
* Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
* Working knowledge of gas turbine engine and/or accessory theory and performance analysis.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
* Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to understand, interpret, follow and apply company instruction, company process, unit build standard, temporary overhaul data revision and original equipment manufacturing manuals.
* University degree in mechanical engineering; or equivalent.
* Experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment.
* RB211-535 or Rolls Royce commercial turbofan experience preferred.
* Understanding of Rolls Royce Engine Maintenance Program (EMP) for the RB211-535
* Must be authorized to work in the US.