11 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52172BR Date posted 08/09/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Service Engineer is responsible for monitoring engineering changes and ensuring technical communications are updated accurately and timely. To ensure accuracy of content, this position is the critical liaison between engineering subject matter experts and technical writers. Additional responsibilities include responding to MROs and airlines for in-service technical issues and requests, monitoring in-service product performance, and resolving technical issues. A successful candidate for this position will have a strong technical aptitude, strong written communications skills and the ability to work cross-functionally. The position is based in Rockford, IL and will report into the Service Engineering Manager.
* Manage technical publication updates to capture engineering changes.
* Manage workload for Component Maintenance Manual (CMM), by managing and coordinating work for content (technical) team.
* Manage and execute technical publications approval process.
* Ensuring maintenance manual generation and update per program schedule and budget
* Provide product technical support to fleet and airlines.
* Track and document component reliability.
* Address questions for customers regarding components.
* Facilitate training for airline and aircraft manufacturers.
* Create and send service information letters/bulletins to customers.
* Experience in Aerospace industry required.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in aircraft repair, maintenance and/or testing.
* Experience providing service/maintenance support on aircrafts (e.g, troubleshooting aircraft testing or repair).
* Effective verbal and communication skills. Experience drafting work communication to internal and/or external customers.
* Customer relations/interfacing experience.
* Bachelor's in Engineering(Mechanical or Electrical).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.