5 months ago
Posting Open Date: 05/28/2018
Posting Close Date: 08/31/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
WestJet started as the little airline that could. From our first flight in 1996 we've aspired to enrich the lives of everyone in our world by providing safe, friendly, and affordable air travel. We are a challenger, and now we're taking on the world!
WestJet has reached a critical point as we look to significantly expand our network and double in size over the next five years. This is an exciting time for our authentically Canadian airline, and we are looking for committed, caring, future WestJetters to join us on this journey.
You have been told that you are great with people, you love helping others and, do so genuinely. Your ideal environment is interacting with others from the comfort of your own home (maybe in your pajamas, we won’t tell!). You are a natural communicator that will work to solve the issues of others and, can multitask using complex computer systems and don’t shy away from learning new technology.
The Role(s) Overview:
WestJet's Service and Sales Agents are responsible for creating a remarkable experience for our Guests through one-on-one telephone contact to manage air travel on WestJet flights, and provide information for Guests with varying needs. You are often the first point of contact for our Guests and play an essential and crucial role of being a WestJet brand ambassador. We want to make sure our Guests enjoy their call with you, therefore, you are there to educate and help our Guests, while creating the experience our Guests have come to know and love about WestJet.
Airline and Department Hours of Operation
* Shift Work – Our operations are 24/7/365 days a year and require you to be available to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays;
* Dedicated Overnight Team – Bilingual (French/English) required to be considered
* Book air travel for internal and external Guests, answer questions and provide general information about travel with WestJet;
* Provide post booking support, such as changing and cancelling reservations, using our reservation system;
* Effectively research and make decisions based on the information you have available to you, while balancing the needs of the Guest with the needs of the business;
* Adhoc projects as assigned.
* A combination of two years’ experience in a customer service and/or sales related environment
* A high school diploma;
* Reside within a 1 hour drive of Moncton and have a New Brunswick address;
* Effective verbal communication skills with a preference given to candidates that are bilingual (English and one or more of the following languages - French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi, Italian, Portuguese)
* Demonstrated strong computer skills including a minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute;
* You are smart, independent, self-motivated, empathetic, solutions focused, and passionate about supporting our Guests;
* A proven track record for punctuality and reliability.
What are some of the perks?
WestJet offers a base salary, paid overtime after 40 hours/week, flight and travel benefits, profit sharing twice a year, an owner’s performance award, flexible medical benefits and an employee stock purchase plan with matching by WestJet!
Other important information:
* All Service and Sales Agents require (in office) training at the Moncton Campus (approx. 12 weeks);
* All computer hardware required for the role will be provided by WestJet;
* As a Home Based Agent your home office will require you to provide;
* High speed internet and basic phone line (hardwired 25 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload) utilizing cable or DSL technology;
* A safe, secure and distraction free room with an ergonomic set-up enabling you to sit for long periods of time;
Thank you from us:
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We promote a diverse and inclusive environment and recognize this is key to our ongoing success. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. Accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.