about 1 year ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Training to begin January 2018
Come and grow with WestJet as we continue our expansion of our operation in Moncton
WestJet's Service and Sales Agents are responsible for creating a remarkable experience for our guests through one-on-one telephone contact to arrange air travel on WestJet Airlines flights, and provide information for guests with varying needs. Service and Sales Agents are often the first point of contact for guests and play an essential and crucial role in displaying the WestJet brand. They place a high degree of emphasis on selling flights to our guests and creating a remarkable experience that promotes the image of our company. Service and Sales Agents must possess effective problem solving skills, consistently provide exceptional guest service and must be willing, and able, to contribute to the development of a growing team.
* Successfully work independently in a home-based work environment, as well as in a team environment. During initial training you will work at the Moncton WestJet Training facility, with the understanding that you are being hired to work from home as soon as WestJet asks you to do so.
* Sell air travel to internal and external guests, answer questions and provide general information about travel with WestJet.
* Use effective communication skills and sales techniques to help our guests choose the best travel experience for them.
* Provide post-sale support, such as changing and cancelling reservations, using the SabreSonic Reservation System.
* Effectively research and make decisions based on the information you have available to you, while balancing the needs of the guest with the needs of the business.
* Adhoc projects as assigned.
* High School diploma.
* Fluently speak, read and write in English (Bilingual in French OR other language would be considered a strong asset.)
* Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
* A combination of two years’ experience in a sales environment and customer service related capacity.
* Exceptional guest service skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Very strong team work and team interaction abilities.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency with computers and learning new software programs.
* Experience using the SabreSonic Reservation System is an asset.
* All agents in the role must meet attendance and punctuality expectations.
* Ability to sit for long periods of time and handle high call volumes.
* Ability to support our 24/7/365 call centre by being flexible and able to work early mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
* Organizational fit for WestJet culture, supporting our Mission, Vision and Values.
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance.
* Applicants must successfully complete a twelve week full-time training course at the WestJet Moncton training facility, and pass a final exam.
* Must provide a safe, secure, professional and ergonomically acceptable home-based office, free from background noise and distraction.
* Your home must be wired to provide a phone line and high speed interview through either Rogers or Bell for work purposes.
* Your home must be located within 1 hour's drive of the Moncton Campus - during and after training.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.