10 months ago
Senior Writer and Reputation Specialist-TOR03911
Your ideas move people.
At Bombardier, our employees on five continents work together to move the world forward, one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we will provide you with an environment where it can grow into a unique product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Toronto, you will report to the Vice President, Communication.
You will be responsible for finding and reporting compelling stories across Bombardier globally that protect and advance the reputation of the company. The Senior Writer and Reputation Specialist will work in close partnership with the company’s Communications, External Affairs and Investor Relations teams to ensure high-impact communications with key stakeholders, internally and externally. Your primary role is to seek out news and report on it as quickly as possible in a clear, engaging style to keep employees and other stakeholders informed of positive events that occur across the company on a regular basis.
As Senior Writer and Reputation Specialist, you will be responsible to:
- Develop and execute a creative reputation strategy, aligned with the organization’s priorities;
- Collect company news stories globally through investigation and observation and report on them in a compelling and engaging style;
- Build meaningful connections to positively influence the Bombardier brand and reputation;
- Conduct professional interviews and research to gather material that supports your written deliverables;
- Write news stores, editorials and commentaries in a way that readers can quickly and easily grasp concepts;
- Receive, analyze and verify company news stores for accuracy;
- Identify best social platforms and channels based on key target audiences;
- Develop, capture, analyze and report the appropriate metrics into ongoing enhancements to company reputation;
- Identify business and influencer outreach opportunities;
- Continuously improve by staying abreast of media trends, providing insights and best practices;
- Attend company functions, press and industry conferences, and other events.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field such as communications, public relations and minimum of 5 – 8 years of professional writing experience with a proven track record of success in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging storytelling content in order to increase reach and engagement with key audiences and enhance company reputation;
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of journalistic ethics, laws, and standards
- Strong business acumen including strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills to work effectively with internal customers and peers;
- Ability to write for the desired media (online content, marketing copy, informational/journalistic content, blog posts, social media, etc.)
- Ability to handle heavy workload and work within tight deadlines;
- Inquisitive mindset, with critical thinking skills, initiative and persistence;
- Very high attention to detail and excellent oral, written and presentation skills;
- Ability to adapt to change and handle multiple and/or conflicting projects and priorities;
- Proven ability to work in a complex environment;
- Sound judgment and integrity;
- Willingness to take risks;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook in a Windows environment
- Must be fluent in English with solid grasp of the written languages;
- Knowledge of aerospace and transportation industries a definite asset.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job: Media and Public Relations
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Organization: Corporate Office
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 30.04.2018, 2:11:29 PM