2 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
As exciting as our work environment is, there's a lot to keep your attention outside of work as well in scenic Grand Rapids, MI. Located in the four-county West Michigan area with a population of nearly one million, Grand Rapids offers a pleasant everyday experience that transcends the ordinary. Nature has provided abundant opportunities for recreation throughout four distinct seasons, with clean lakes and streams, beaches and forests. Whether you're single or raising a family, the quality of life in Grand Rapids is an attractive advantage. Here you'll discover extensive arts and cultural venues, plenty of fine dining for every palate, popular entertainment including hot nightspots and bars, downtown and mall shopping, a wide variety of affordable housing options and good schools. Local institutions include the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Van Andel Museum Center, & John Ball Park Zoo.Land a career with us, and find yourself in the perfect location to build a fulfilling life as well as a satisfying career!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Advanced & Special Programs (A&SP) team is responsible for the pursuit and execution of business related to advanced military platforms, and the evaluation of opportunities in emerging and adjacent markets.
As a Senior Technical Leader in this organization you will be provide the technical leadership of and market insight for multiple high-impact Advanced & Special Programs, specifically in the area of signal processing and signals intelligence.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Identify enabling and discriminating technologies and Intellectual Property (IP) required to achieve business objectives
* Provide technical leadership in developing architectures and algorithms for system and product development, and proposal efforts
* Provide thought leadership in evolving strategic direction and modernization of current signals intelligence capabilities in support of government and mission priorities
* Interact with customers, envision, and communicate the art of the possible within the realm of RF spectrum
* Interact with customer engineering organizations to define and shape requirements for future platforms and systems
* Collaborate with other technical subject matter experts and Application Engineers to create innovative and integrated signals intelligence solutions
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited university or college
* Minimum of 10 years of related experience including the following:
* Experience in concept, design, development of large scale mission systems including those processing signals intelligence
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Ability to work in Grand Rapids, MI
* Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due
* Knowledge and experience designing and developing avionics systems / software for signal, processing, SIGINT, and sensor fusion
* Knowledge of mission system operational concepts, the systems enabling awareness of signals of interest, and the processing and organization of data
* Ability to see where advanced technology will fit into the mission thread and how applications will improve mission assurance
* Experience in the implementation of big data and graph analytics
* Experience in the areas of signal processing, RF sensing and communications architectures
* Experience with RedHawk, GNU Radio, Zigbee, LoRaWAN, 802.11, 802.15.4
* Experience with PSpice, MATLAB, Simulink, MathCAD
* Experience collaborating with military OEMs developing and specifying military avionics systems
* Experience pursuing and executing advanced technology programs with government laboratories
* Experience in developing complex proposals
* Technical leadership experience, particularly in the development of new avionics products and systems
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong presentation skills and experience presenting technical material to customers and senior leadership
* Experience working sensitive projects and
* Active DOD Security Clearance
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.