11 months ago
As exciting as our work environment is, there's a lot to keep your attention outside of work as well in scenic Grand Rapids, MI. Located in the four-county West Michigan area with a population of nearly one million, Grand Rapids offers a pleasant everyday experience that transcends the ordinary. Nature has provided abundant opportunities for recreation throughout four distinct seasons, with clean lakes and streams, beaches and forests. Whether you're single or raising a family, the quality of life in Grand Rapids is an attractive advantage. Here you'll discover extensive arts and cultural venues, plenty of fine dining for every palate, popular entertainment including hot nightspots and bars, downtown and mall shopping, a wide variety of affordable housing options and good schools. Local institutions include the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Van Andel Museum Center, & John Ball Park Zoo.Land a career with us, and find yourself in the perfect location to build a fulfilling life as well as a satisfying career!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Advanced & Special Programs (A&SP) team is responsible for the pursuit and execution of business related to advanced military platforms, and the evaluation of opportunities in emerging and adjacent markets.
The Senior Technical Leader position is expected to provide thought leadership and strategic direction applying the state of the art machine learning techniques to a variety of structured, perceptual, and relational data sets to imagery exploitation.
Additionally, as the Senior Technical Leader, key responsibilities include :
• Identify enabling and discriminating technologies and Intellectual Property (IP) required to achieve business objectives
• Provide technical leadership in developing image processing architectures and algorithms for new products and in support of proposal effort
• Interact with customer engineering organizations to define and shape requirements for future platforms and systems
• Provide technical leadership on Research & Development and New Product Introduction programs
• Projects will span all phases of the machine learning life cycle (understanding the problem, data processing, model training and evaluation, integration and testing, and monitoring)
• This position will work with various imagery data sources and novel computational environments to address some of the government's toughest challenges
* M.S. degree from an accredited university or college in a field of basic or applied science or engineering (Typical fields of study include Physics, Remote Sensing, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography, and the Agricultural Sciences)
* Minimum of 10 years of related experience in the aviation industry including the following:
* Ability to work in Grand Rapids, MI
* Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Geospatial / DoD experience in concept, design, development of large scale systems including those processing imagery
* Systems for data exploitation and knowledge management
* Areas of expertise include: systems analysis, modeling and simulation, feature extraction, and pattern analysis, computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, software development
* Knowledge of DoD operational concepts, systems enabling Tasking, Exploitation, and Processing of imagery and how new techniques and technology fit into the mission thread.
* How operational data sets are amassed to support all types of algorithm development, such as multi-sensor fusion, data mining, cloud technologies, graph-based network detection, and artificial intelligence, including deep learning.
* Familiarity with military procurement processes including Science & Technology projects
* Experience working directly with government experts translating their exploitation tactics, techniques, and procedures into user friendly tools and GUI
* Experience developing and testing algorithms to improve sensor performance to enhance exploitation
* Experience with remote sensing and image science and remote sensing production and development solutions to meet DoD requirements
* Experience with sub-pixel processing capabilities
* Experience developing and advancing the capabilities of Electro-optical spectral, hyperspectral, IR, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data collection, processing, and detection systems
* Interpreting results from onboard and offline algorithms and automated processors
* Experience collaborating with military OEMs developing and specifying military avionics systems
* Experience pursuing and executing advanced technology programs with government laboratories
* Experience in writing and developing complex proposals
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong presentation skills and experience presenting technical material to customers and senior leadership
* Proven track record of innovation
* Experience working sensitive projects
* Active DOD Security Clearance
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.*
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in re-engineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.