5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Advanced & Special Programs (A&SP) team is responsible for the pursuit and execution of business related to advanced military platforms, and the evaluation of opportunities in emerging and adjacent markets.
The A&SP team supports three businesses: Power, Avionics, and Mechanical Systems.
As a Senior Technical Leader in this organization you will be provide the technical leadership of and market insight for multiple high-impact Advanced & Special Programs.
Key Responsibilities Include :
* Identify enabling and discriminating technologies and Intellectual Property (IP) required to achieve business objectives
* Perform project management and technical guidance on system and product pursuits and proposal efforts
* Develop innovative technical solutions spanning Power, Avionics, and Mechanical Systems, utilizing the full capabilities of GE Aviation Systems on development programs and proposals
* Interact with customer engineering organizations to define and shape requirements for future platforms and systems
* Lead pursuit and capture of funding for key technologies.
* Provide technical / project leadership on Research & Development and New Product Introduction programs
* Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers
* Streamline engineering processes to effectively win and execute advanced technology demonstration programs
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Aerospace Engineering from accredited university or college
* Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in the aviation industry including the following:
* Experience in the development and specification of military avionics systems
* Knowledge of two or more of the following avionics subsystems: mission processors & networks, weapons systems, unmanned systems, payloads and sensors
* Knowledge and experience architecting complex avionics software for two or more of the following: sensors, sensor fusion, SIGINT, image processing, communications, and cyber
* Familiarity with military procurement processes including Science & Technology projects
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Ability to work in Grand Rapids, MI
* Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance
* This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government contract restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Citizens. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Knowledge of aircraft mechanical systems and electrical power systems
* Knowledge and experience in military land vehicles, including vetronics, electrical power, and mechanical systems
* Experience collaborating with military OEMs developing and specifying military avionics systems
* Experience pursuing and executing advanced technology programs with government laboratories
* Knowledge of GE Aviation products
* Experience in writing and leading engineering teams developing complex proposals
* Experience developing pursuit strategies and supporting the development of business plans
* Technical / Project Leadership experience, particularly in the development of new avionics products and systems
* Experience in an application engineering role
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong presentation skills and experience presenting technical material to customers and senior leadership
* Proven track record of innovation
* Master's Degree in business administration or engineering
* Experience working sensitive projects and
* Active DOD Security Clearance
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
As exciting as our work environment is, there's a lot to keep your attention outside of work as well in scenic Grand Rapids, MI. Located in the four-county West Michigan area with a population of nearly one million, Grand Rapids offers a pleasant everyday experience that transcends the ordinary. Nature has provided abundant opportunities for recreation throughout four distinct seasons, with clean lakes and streams, beaches and forests. Whether you're single or raising a family, the quality of life in Grand Rapids is an attractive advantage. Here you'll discover extensive arts and cultural venues, plenty of fine dining for every palate, popular entertainment including hot nightspots and bars, downtown and mall shopping, a wide variety of affordable housing options and good schools. Local institutions include the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Van Andel Museum Center, & John Ball Park Zoo.Land a career with us, and find yourself in the perfect location to build a fulfilling life as well as a satisfying career!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.