6 months ago
This role will provide overall operating responsibility for all areas of taxation for the GE Additive business segment.
The Senior Tax Counsel – GE Additive will develop tax strategy, translate concepts, implement change and participate in cross-functional business and cultural development.
In the role of Senior Tax Counsel – GE Additive, you will:
• Direct the tax strategy, planning and operations for the GE Additive segment
• Provide guidance to deal teams on tax aspects of pending transactions, including structure and funding
• Monitor ongoing business operations to ensure that all transaction tax technical requirements are satisfied
• Interface with GE Additive unit CFO and other senior management on all matters affecting tax in the business
• Coordinate with the GE Aviation Transfer Pricing Leader to develop transfer pricing policies for this complex international business
• Coordinate with the GE Aviation Tax Operations Leader to establish policies and procedures for internal and external reporting of taxes, payments of tax liabilities, conduct of tax audits and overall management of tax risks and opportunities consistent with other GE units, with respect to:
o Minimizing the business' tax cost and helping drive growth while complying fully with the laws of all relevant jurisdictions
o Ensuring flawless execution, controllership and risk management of all transactions and structures for assigned area of responsibility
o Partnering closely with business leaders to ensure they understand and implement the requirements for achieving the business’ tax objectives
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• Juris Doctorate, Masters of Taxation or Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification
• Minimum 8 to 10 years of tax experience in major law firm, accounting firm or multinational company
• Significant experience advising on mergers and acquisition transactions
• Expert knowledge of technical tax rules governing outbound investments including subpart F, GILTI and FDII
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects
• Established project management skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.