4 months ago
Requisition ID: 9099
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a [[extTitle]] to join our team in [[location]]. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
* Perform as Lead Project Engineer leading the design efforts for multiple systems and system of systems level
* Lead the management of requirements relative to the system design for the entire life cycle of the project
* Support bid proposals by performing take off, conceptual design and providing engineering labor
* Lead the testing of requirements and field execution required to validate the system design and functionality for the entire life cycle of the project (FAT, Integrated FAT, Site Acceptance Test, Integration test, Dynamic tests, demonstration/reliability/system performance Test)
* Understand and apply industry standards (e.g. CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc.)
* Identify development and procurement needs based on customer requirements and identify gaps in current product
* Interface with the customer and act as cross-functional technical liaison among the subsystems
* Define and maintain Systems Engineering program plan including design verification and validation for rail and/or transit projects
* Provide technical expertise and documentation services for the development of design documents, test program plan, test procedures, O&M manuals and training manuals including high level design documents, interface control design documents, and requirements traceability documents
* Support the Project Manager contributing to the quality and success of the overall system
* Responsible for the creation of design documentation, test documents, test procedures, test reports, and manuals
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Experience generating and updating technical specifications, documents, procedures and drawings on large, complex, integrated systems.
* System level engineering experience
* Experience in rail transportation-related engineering field.
* Experience in testing, commissioning, cutovers and creating the test documentation
* Experience at the Rail Transportation Industry
* Demonstration of leadership skills in work-related or extracurricular activities.
* Experience developing drawings, test procedures, software and/or systems documentation manuals, and application of structured systems engineering processes, including system design and system testing.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to generate and review complex technical documents.
* Ability to work on problems of diverse scope and multiple technologies.
* Experience with operation control center, automatic train supervision wayside equipment, signaling, train control, rail systems and/or SCADA systems.
* Background in messaging systems, particularly in mobile communications and control systems.
* Experience in Positive Train Control systems, Automatic Train Controls or predecessor systems.
* Experience in railroad and/ or Mass transit operational environment.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.