10 months ago
Requisition ID: 1661
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer - Human Factors (Cedar Rapids IA) to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Join the Business and Regional Systems' Human Factors group within Commercial Systems.
The ideal candidate will support avionics programs with major business and regional aircraft OEMs. Your creative and diverse knowledge will assist in Human Factors related regulations, advisory circulars, physical and graphical human machine interaction, systems engineering process, and user evaluation studies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Creating Human Factors Certification plans
* Maintaining and championing a focus on sound Human Factors and Human Machine Interface principles.
* Providing Human Factors expertise and guidance in internal and customer technical discussions.
* Interacting with customers to define/capture requirements, and translating operational concepts into system level requirements and designs.
* Participating in new feature design via requirements capture, design development, validation, and documentation.
* Preparing and delivering Human Factors related technical briefings to customers and upper management.
* Providing assessment of pilot workload throughout an avionics program's lifecycle.
* Interfacing collectively with, and support, system and subsystem engineers, architects, TPMs and domain engineers through requirements capture, functional & integration testing, and delivery support.
* Creating and maintenance of Human Factors related certification support documents relating to AC25.1302, AC25.1322, AC25.11A, among others.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Preference will be given for a degree in Human Factors, Human Machine / Computer Interaction, Aviation Psychology, or Systems Engineering.
* Experience in Human Factors, Human Machine / Computer Interaction, or Aviation Psychology.
* Experience in avionics system development, system level certification / validation, interfaces, and certification processes.
* Previous experience with FAA / TC / EASA / JCAB certification.
* Familiarity with systems engineering processes and requirements and design capture tools including JAMA, DOORS, and ClearQuest.
* Familiarity with SAE ARP-4754A.
* Strong teamwork orientation skills and a willingness to act as a mentor to less experienced engineers.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively with engineering, leadership, and customers.
* Effective time management and ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
A successful candidate may possess:
* Commercial Pilot experience is desired.
* Knowledge of Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion® and/or experience in avionics applications on a variety of aircraft.
* Certification experience with AC/AMC 25.1302 and AC/AMC 25.1322.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.