4 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer
L3 is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to develop and realize undersea acoustic
L3 is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to develop and realize undersea acoustic system solutions for high-level customer needs. These systems involve deep ocean installations containing high channel count sensors, distributed power systems, and optical networks. The ideal candidate will have a background in maritime systems, though any candidate with systems engineering experience and a strong technical background may apply. The key elements of this position include aggregating top-level requirements from multiple sources, consolidating and developing a technical solution working with SMEs, and allocating and tracking those requirements to lower level subsystems and components. The candidate will lead an integrated product team (IPT) with customer and Government participation and will serve as the key technical interface alongside the program manager. Technical writing and proposal experience is a plus
* Work with small agile teams in sunny Santa Barbara, 5 minutes from the beach
Close and direct customer interaction and the ability to contribute to and shape solutions
Experience the full design cycle from proposal to design to field-testing and installations all over the world
Work with program management and senior leadership to see and understand the financial performance of the program and overall business
Opportunity for mentoring and development for more senior engineering or management roles
Lead development projects involving circuits, embedded systems/software and high level system design working independently and in a group.
As Integrated Product Team Leader, chair project meetings to manage project progress including project TPMs, SW metrics, Risk Management, project schedules and budgets.
Work closely with engineering, program management, and business development to perform requirements analysis and high level conceptual and detailed design of systems involving marine sensing, data acquisition, telemetry, and tracking, particularly Navy/DoD systems working with often vague customer requirements.
Develop technical solutions applying marine acoustic principals including the sonar equation, and electronic and mechanical processes.
Lead detailed design efforts both individually and in a group using analysis, modeling, and prototype testing.
Apply field experience to assist in development of marine system installation techniques considering installation equipment to be used and physical configuration of the system.
Perform analysis and trade studies to evaluate possible technical solutions using MATLAB, Mathcad, SolidWorks, Hydrodynamic modeling, LTSpice.
Lead, and contribute significantly to proposal efforts.
* May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
* B.S. or MS in an engineering field or physics-based, from accredited program. Will consider relevant work experience in lieu of education
* 10 years post-graduation
* Experience with analysis tools listed above is required.
* Design experience and a strong understanding of electronic circuits, embedded design and optical telemetry are required.
* Strong writing and presentation skills are required.
* Previous DoD background preferred particularly former military, DoD contractor or government service. (Note: assuming no restrictions due to DoD and company guidelines on hiring of former government service personnel).
* MATLAB, MathCad, LTSPice, DOORS
Certificates and Licenses:
* Professional Engineering certification preferred
* Active Security Clearance required, with a periodic reinvestigation completed within the past six (6) years
This position is contingent upon MariPro receiving an award for a Undersea Cable program (the “Program”), which is currently in source selection review. MariPro anticipates that an award decision will be made in Q2 2019. MariPro plans to conduct interviews and make a contingent offer under this requisition prior to award and then proceed with onboarding of the successful candidate upon award to MariPro for the Program. In the event MariPro does not receive an award for the Program, this requisition will be cancelled and any contingent offers issued thereunder will be withdrawn.
At L3 MariPro we offer a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, a 9/80 workweek, and paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Division - Maritime Sensors (MSENS)-20000031
May 8, 2019, 10:40:37 PM
Email this job
To access this job from another device, Email this information to yourself.
Name should not be empty
Recipient’s email address
Email should not be empty
Please enter a valid Email
Email has been sent sucessfully
No locations found