3 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS), a business unit of UTC Aerospace Systems, provides cutting-edge sensors and sensor-based systems for the commercial aerospace, ground vehicle and defense industries including electronic flight bags, air data systems, ice detection and protection systems, fire protection systems, fuel measurement and management systems, guidance navigation and control systems, health and usage management systems, rescue hoists, mission data recorders, and sensing suites for aircraft engines.
This position is for an accomplished senior system engineer in a production support setting with specific applications and customer requirements. The production support is a highly energetic environment. The applications are a high mix of aerospace products, ranging from computer controlled fuel sensing systems, electronic braking systems, actuation/controller systems and HUMS. The candidate will evaluate a design or system during troubleshooting and determine a design solution. This position requires excellent organization, leadership, communication, and engineering design skills.
Area of Expertise:
Planning of technical design, system integration, cost and risk assessment and supportability and effectiveness analysis of technological systems.
Typical responsibilities include troubleshooting, analysis, implementation of design improvements, and crafting change orders.
* Operations analysis & strategy
* Product delivery services
* Advanced technology integration
* Work with internal customers to define production issue
* Work with Technical Lead to understand customer and contractual requirements.
* Review electronic unit under test against drawing specifications and determine if components meet requirements
* Lead qualification tests, analyze results and write reports
* Work with internal customers to satisfy procurement activities
* Support and resolve field issues
* Improve the robustness of our designs through our change order process
Level of responsibility:
* Responsible for several components of a project or complex component of a larger project
* Contributes to their team or department by applying their knowledge of one or more functional areas
* Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others
* Has in depth knowledge of the discipline and role.
* Minimum 4 years of work experience, with strong hands-on experience in design or manufacturing support roles.
* Excellent communication and team skills required.
* Ability to organize tasks, keep multiple tasks moving, and not bothered if business direction rearranges a priority.
* Ability to work productively within a team environment.
* Have a high energy and passion for problem solving.
* Electrical Engineering Degree or Equivalent preferred
* BS degree with 4-7+ years of experience
* MS degree with 2-5+ years of experience
* PhD degree with 0-2+ years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.