5 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell International is a $40B+ diversified technology global leader with a long and demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems, and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations.
The Control Systems Propulsion and Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) systems teams are looking for qualified Engineers.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Design, development, qualification, field support of all control system aspects of propulsion and auxiliary power unit turbine engine control systems. Responsible for meeting all program objectives, supporting new product proposals, establishing hardware and software control system requirements, collaborating with controls hardware and software suppliers, managing fielded controls products – driving both reliability and cost. This position supports all IPDS phases from concept development through production and field support.
This is for a future position with Honeywell
There is no relocation assistance offered with this position.
Locations: Greater Phoenix, Arizona or Tucson, Arizona.
Apply engineer knowledge, tools, and principals to develop aerospace systems
Design integrated systems to manage comfort, efficiency and cost for our customers
Innovate and design systems to support safe deployment of our military overseas
YOU MUST HAVE:
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
* Aerospace Engineering experience 3-7 years with strong project execution abilities
* Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
* Electronic Control Systems development experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support. Technical skills including estimating, planning, design, certification and support of engine control systems and familiarity with the aircraft installations and regulations
* Experience in all phases of system and/or software life cycle development from customer requirements to completion of validation and verification activities.
* Experience in product development processes used for Controls products for turbo-machines or related complex systems (cabin pressure, motor controls, power generation management, etc.)
* Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
* Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
* Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems and related components
* Experience with development of closed-loop control systems
* Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
* Control system integration and test experience in lab or flight test environments
* Hands-on experience of Simulink, WebPTS and DOORS
* Understanding of interrupts, DMA, queues, stacks, shared memory, and serial I/O design
* Strong diagnostic and debugging skills
* Experience with lab and test equipment, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, symbolic debuggers and simulation tools
* Experience with Aerospace products, certification, customers
* Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments
* Knowledge of Honeywell IPDS process
* Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
* Tenacity in meeting project objectives
* Strong problem solving skills
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
* 1st Shift
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: req134533
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 111 S 34th St., Phoenix, AZ 85034 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.