This position supports tasking at the NAVAIR Systems Command, Patuxent River, MD. The selected candidate for this position will be responsible for providing systems engineering deliverables to the Aviation Logistics Environment (ALE) Lead System Integrator (LSI) at NAVAIR 6.8. Tasks to be performed across the systems life cycle and include: Stakeholder Analysis, Requirements Analysis, High-level Design, Concept Selection, and System Test Planning.
Key tasks include:
- Facilitate discussions regarding the identification of system stakeholders, requirements, key operational needs, concept of operations, logical architectures and documentation of materiel gaps.
- Lead the creation of system functional requirements based on operational need including identification of system interfaces, data exchanges and constraints.
- Lead the creation of system logical design candidates and performance of trade studies.
- Lead the creation of system test plans, verification and validation of system testing.
- Participation in working groups, acquisition milestone reviews, and formal qualification testing.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor's Degree and eight (8) years of professional experience are required. Four (4) years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree. Candidate will be required to develop high-level ALE system briefs that outline future sustainment and modification objectives. Experience as a software developer (code development) or database developer is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The ability to review and interpret Enterprise Architecture (EA) artifacts/views is required.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply online by clicking "Apply Now to Join Our Team."