about 1 year ago
Senior Stress Engineer-TOR03758
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Provide support and technical expertise in the area of structural strength to other engineering functions.
- Prepare stress reports and formal compliance documents to fulfill the certification requirements.
- Liaise with other functions when required to ensure stress requirements are fully integrated.
- Participate in technical reviews and configuration decisions as an expert in the structural strength discipline.
- Maintain technical knowledge and awareness of developments related to aircraft structural analysis methodologies and related airworthiness regulations.
- Provide mentoring for less experienced members of the stress team.
- Carry out stress calculations to assess design solutions for a range of tasks ranging from modifications to manufacturing concessions.
- Report critical technical issues up through functional management.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelors or Master's degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of advanced structural analysis experience in static, fatigue and damage tolerance of large aircraft primary structures and system components with civil aircraft manufacturer(s) using a broad range of standard hand and computer methods.
- You are proficient in using software packages such as MSC PATRAN/NASTRAN, HyperWorks, LS-DYNA as well as CATIAv5, NASGRO and the MS Software Suite (MSWord, MSExcel).
- You have a good communication skills and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- You have in-depth understanding of airframe inspection methodology and past experience supporting in-service aircraft. Knowledge of the MSG process is also an asset.
- You have a good understanding of aircraft production methods and processes, especially if gained through involvement in MRB or similar manufacturing support activities.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 05.01.2018, 5:00:00 AM