about 1 year ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Senior Staff Engineer in our Interior Systems segment located in Winston-Salem, NC.
This highly motivated and innovative individual will be responsible for leading and/or participating in the design and development activities from concept all the way through commercial launch of commercial aircraft cabin interior products. Activities will focus on identifying, articulating, and quantifying customer needs and requirements; translating these requirements to product requirements and specifications; assessing the suitability of current designs and technologies to meet these requirements using advanced computer aided design tools; and, where necessary, developing and implementing innovative design solutions to address needs or gaps. More specifically responsibilities will be to: Collaborate closely with our Business Units Engineering teams to refine products and processes, and help bring new R&D concepts to life!
* Participate in the design, prototyping, and validation of new concepts and production solutions
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams and external vendors
* Research new materials, manufacturing technologies, and design methodologies
* Perform Finite Element and analysis and modeling using LSDYNA, ABAQUS, ANSYS, and/or NX Nastran
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from four-year college or university and nine-plus years related experience and/or training; or Master’s degree in Engineering and six-plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Familiarity with aircraft interior products and commonly used materials including plastics, metals, and adhesives
* High proficiency in LS-DYNA , ANSYS, NX Nastran, ABAQUS, or equivalent environments
* A wide knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing methodology
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* FEA experience with modeling drop, shock, and thermal environment
* Experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), magnetic and modal analyses is a plus!
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.