4 months ago
Requisition ID: 8838
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Sourcing Manager to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Senior Sourcing Manager position is responsible to executes strategic sourcing processes that is consistent with the category strategy. The position is a sourcing process expert and will also assist on setting the category strategy on global sourcing of Direct or Indirect materials and/or services. This position is responsible for efficiently and accurately executing sourcing events, agreements and amendments, developing RFI/RFPs, and proactively identifying and addressing potential opportunities. The position is also required to achieve on-going reductions in total cost of ownership through fact based analysis.
* Contributes to the development of new sourcing concepts, techniques, and standards. Full understanding of multiple categories.
* Lead the completion of sourcing events by developing data into strategic information based on category strategy and producing deliverable sourcing documents (e.g., supplier short list, RFI/RFP, award scenarios, supplier capability assessment, etc.).
* Responsible for the detailed bid process to identify, assess, and select suppliers in a fair and efficient manner.
* Has experience in drafting unique contract language to work through supplier and stakeholder concerns. Uses highly complex, insightful judgment.
* Identifies the right negotiation team with representation from key functional teams (eg contracts team, operations, finance, legal etc).
* Establishes negotiation options by identifying key leverage points and developing the negotiation strategy.
* Develops solutions to roadblocks and implements solutions to a variety of complex problems. Responsible to secure and finalize agreements to the necessary commercial outcome to meet category strategy.
* Ensure that the post-negotiation contract process and documentation is complete and that the contract is approved by individuals with the correct authority level
* Advanced understanding and application of policies, procedures and government regulations. May recognize and recommend changes to policies and procedures. Consistently develops and trains less-advanced staff.
* Daily workings have substantial impact on category decisions goals, cost savings targets, and supplier performance for the enterprise.
* Networks with executive stakeholders and suppliers to effectively communicate sourcing strategies, goals, and opportunities for improving category/supplier performance. Has expertise in building network with internal and external stakeholders.
* Has a deep understanding of stakeholder concerns, objectives and goals.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may assist with coordination of activities of other sourcing personnel.
* Work is presented upon completion demonstrating adequacy in meeting sourcing objectives and goals.
* Helps to execute new and innovative sourcing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria. Addresses complex sourcing issues where analysis of situations & data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable internal and external factors.
* Exercises considerable latitude and has accountability for achieving requirements detailed in the Sourcing Master Schedule and Annual Operating Plan.
* Serves as consultant to the organization and suppliers for major matters pertaining to its assigned categories.
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, or, in the absence of a degree, six years of related experience.
* Experience in sourcing roadmap development
* Skilled in bringing diverse teams together to develop enterprise-wide agreements
* Extensive experience writing detailed supplier agreements
* Skilled negotiator in business terms and conditions
* Experience with forecasting and tracking cost savings
* Developed and executed global vendor management plans
* Experience with sourcing business continuity plans
* Understands license terms and translating these terms to business needs
* Polished in briefing executive leaders
* Proven experience in drafting software and/or IT services contracts
* Full understanding of Software, Software Asset Management, Licensing, Maintenance and the relation to other categories
* Experience sourcing cloud-based software
* Experience with software asset management tools
* Expertise in Microsoft, VMWare, IBM, Citrix
* Background in IT Services agreements and statements of work
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.