10 months ago
KBRwyle is seeking a Senior Software Scientist to support mission software development and maintenance for a US Navy aircraft. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and testing new and existing requirements for the aircraft’s mission computer. The technology for this application is Ada-95 running on Linux and the successful candidate must be willing to advance their skills in Ada. The host system integrates with multiple aircraft systems such as Navigation, Communications, and sensors. The successful candidate will be expected to investigate integration and implementation approaches and be able resolve integration issues. We are seeking a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and can be productive in both an independent and team environment.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a similar field and four to seven (4-7) years of related experience is required.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience with designing, developing, documenting, testing and/or debugging application software and systems is required. Experience with requirements analysis and definition, software design, end user interaction, coding, unit testing, integration, validation, documentation, analysis of software problem reports and assistance of software and system test personnel is required. Experience with or a willingness to learn Ada is required. Experience with Ada-95 and Linux is highly desired.
The following is desired:
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of systems software design, operating systems, and architectures
- Experience applying expertise in software development for embedded multi-processor systems using Ada
- Experience providing software solutions to complex technical problems using ingenuity and creativity. Following and/or recommending changes to department processes and procedures
- Experience reviewing software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy
- Experience producing documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.