7 months ago
Requisition ID: 8105
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer - Simulation & Training to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) Aero/Vehicle Systems team seeks a Senior Software Engineer to work on the development of new and exciting simulation systems and products ranging in complexity from desktop trainers to high fidelity weapon systems for both military and commercial customer. This position provides the opportunity to participate in all facets of the systems development life cycle from requirements analysis to customer acceptance. If you are an intrinsically motivated individual who possesses attention to detail and are searching for a challenging and fast-paced environment with career growth opportunities then come be a part of our team.
* Capture and analyze customer requirements; derive product requirements.
* Develop detailed software designs and specifications.
* Modify/create engineering design documentation.
* Review and critique peer engineering designs.
* Present design to the customer during milestone events.
* Provide accurate time estimates for the software development effort.
* Debug and integrate software components of moderate to high complexity.
* Design, develop, implement, test, and debug real time software applications and associated user interfaces.
* Support and enhance existing software products as necessary.
* Collaborate with software engineers, testers, hardware engineers, and project management to meet customer commitments within specified budget and schedule
* May develop engineering estimates for Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals, using enterprise estimation tools.
* A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related STEM degree.
* U.S. citizenship
* Active Clearance (within 24 months)
* Ability to travel to customer site for product installs.
* 5 - 10 years of experience with full lifecycle software development, including:
* Requirements analysis and deriving requirements
* Preliminary and Critical Design
* Code & Unit Testing
* SW/SW and HW/SW Integration and Troubleshooting
* Usage of Configuration Management tools (Subversion, Git, ClearCase etc.)
* Familiarity with C,C++, MATLAB/Simulink
* Previous Aircraft Simulation Software Development with focus on simulated/virtual radios and/or aircraft systems.
* Experience in understanding and troubleshooting protocols e.g. MIL-STD- 1553 or ARINC-429.
* Familiarity with embedded systems and programming.
* Strong troubleshooting skills, especially within a system of systems.
* Strong customer skills (Patience, Attentiveness, clear communication, general knowledge in a variety of systems, time management skills, etc.)
* Familiarity with Earned Value.
* Previous experience with rehosting source code.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work as part of an integrated product team.
Active Secret Level Clearance required; Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.