4 months ago
Requisition ID: 9598
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer - B-52 Simulation & Training to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This software engineering position is with Rockwell Collins on the B-52 Team in the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area located in Sterling, VA, just west of Washington, DC. STS develops, builds and modifies aircraft simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from a desktop trainer to a high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS).
* Capture and perform requirements analysis
* Further develop the architecture of software product designs
* Develop detailed software specifications
* Provide accurate time estimates for the software development effort
* Design, develop, implement, test, and debug real time software applications and associated user interfaces
* Perform debugging and integration of software components
* Support and enhance existing software products as necessary
* Collaborate with software engineers, system engineers, testers, hardware engineers, and project management
* Interact with customers and vendors as necessary
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a STEM related degree.
* 5+ years of experience with full lifecycle software development, including:
* Requirements analysis and deriving requirements
* Object-Oriented Design using UML or SysML
* Object-Oriented Development using C++ in Visual Studio
* Unit testing
* Source code control (Subversion, Git, ClearCase etc.)
* Comfortable with waterfall methodologies driven by customer milestones and deadlines.
* Ability to Travel to Customer Site for debugging of issues (10% of the total project effort)
Familiar with other programming languages (C, Ada)
OS Experience: Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux or VxWorks
Previous aircraft simulation software development a plus
Experience with one or more of the following:
Simulated or real military radio communications
* An Active Secret Level clearance or a recently deactivated clearance (within the past 24 months) is required; Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.