7 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS, formerly Cloud Cap Technology) – is a staple in the Hood River, OR community. Our mid-sized, friendly company benefits from the power and energy of a Fortune 500 company.
As such, all of our employees get 15 days of paid vacation a year in addition to holidays and sick time. We also have an employee paid scholarship program which pays 100% of educational expenses after a year of employment.
UTAS designs and develops cutting edge gimbaled vision systems and industry-leading UAV autopilots, utilizing latest Electro-Optic (EO) and IR sensor technologies. Proprietary motion control and stabilization methods are used in conjunction with video DSP, tracking and object recognition to achieve state-of-the-art performance.
UTAS Software Engineers have the opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment with many creative and talented staff who are leaders in their field. You will be developing software solutions for multiple product lines while working as a member of a tightly integrated cross-functional product team. You will have the opportunity to grow your skills learning from the best and making contributions as a “go to” person. You will be a part of a world-class team producing cool products made here, that you can see, work, and touch.
* Peer technical assessments in areas of expertise, new technologies and software design
* Software implementation in QT, MfC, C, C++, and Python as appropriate
* Understanding GUI control design coupled with real-time systems
* User Centric design
Qualification: Required Experience / Qualifications:
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Experience with C and C++, MS Visual Studio, embedded systems software development
* Experience with debugging embedded and desktop software
* Background check and Drug test required.
* US Citizen Required
* Experience with Linux, Qt, PC-lint, SVN and git
* Experience with software development targeted for Freescale iMX6, Motorola 555 or 565
* Experience with video processing algorithms
* Experience with TCP/IP and UDP protocols
* Familiarity with common communications protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, USB)
* Experience with multi-threading (Windows and Linux)
* Experience with TI Code Composer Studio
* Experience with gnu tools (gcc, gdb, etc.)
* Experience with Xilinx MicroBlaze
* Experience with H.264 video and MPEG-2 transport streams
* Experience with MISB standards
All of our positions offer an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
Education: BS degree with 4+ years’ experience, MS degree with 2+ years’ experience
Preferred: Software engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Physics, or Physics Bachelors / Masters
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.