4 months ago
Boeing is seeking a Software Engineer in support of satellite software systems in their El Segundo, CA location.
* Job responsibilities will address all phases of the software development cycle including:
* Requirements and interface definition
* Design and development of state-of-the art software systems for space-based applications
* Software development
* Integration and test
* Configuration management and release
* Product maintenance.
* The position will include development of spacecraft system software packages, including command and control systems and mission products.
* This position will also require the ability to effectively communicate with internal customers, during development and after product release.
* The candidate will also be expected to manage several parallel tasks as part of a dynamic team of systems and software engineers.
* This person provides technical leadership for software projects and serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes, and regulations. This person leads software research and development projects.
* This person troubleshoots software issues and works under consultative direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* 3+ years of performing software development in Java.
* 2+ years of experience with SQL Server databases.
* 3+ years of experience with validation testing.
* Experience with software integration.
* Experience with XML.
* 3+ years of experience leading and developing ground control software activities.
* Experience with avionics control algorithms, hardware interfaces and I/O device drivers, networking, web-based development.
* C++ software development experience.
* Experience with command generation and Telemetry processing.
* Experience with TCP/IP data transfer.
Contingent Upon Program Award