7 months ago
Senior Software Engineer
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Senior Software Engineer
Astronics Test Systems is looking for a senior software engineer/programmer to join our Semiconductor Engineering team. ATS has an exciting line of massively parallel test systems that support the semiconductor industry around the world. The ideal candidate would be responsible for the design, development, testing and evaluation of software or software controlled systems using Windows C#, WPF, WCF, and other software technologies. Additional duties include requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation of software applications in support of product engineering and other technical endeavors.
We are looking for energetic individuals with good analytical and communication skills that seek an opportunity to grow their career in this exciting field.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Evaluates, recommends and implements complex software architectures for product engineering and new applications. Develops software code to design specifications, data flow diagrams and functional requirement documents.
* Performs design, development, operation, maintenance and documentation of software components and applications software to be applied to engineering requirements. Advises on new techniques and emerging software technologies.
* Develops application software for computer operating systems configuration Analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of design intent, output requirements, input data acquisition and software systems performance. Estimates development time associated with the development of software modules and software applications.
* Maintain and improve performance and features of existing software platforms, applying appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle to support exiting and new products.
* Acts as technical liaison for customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
Minimum of a BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or its equivalent and five or more year's relevant experience coding software applications using windows-based tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, TFS, and programming languages/technologies such as C#, WPF, WCF, SQL, C++, TCP/IP Should have a complete understanding of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite applications, Web Technologies (HTML, ASP. NET, XML) and Databases. Good communications skills essential. Knowledge of Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) technologies and robotics a plus. Foreign language skills and willingness to travel overseas a plus. Must be U.S. Citizen/U.S. Person.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Astronics Test Systems (Irvine)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.