3 months ago
Requisition ID: 9176
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins IMS is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Product Engineering & Development group. The successful candidate will:
* Design and develop Rockwell Collins IMS applications using defined software application development lifecycle methodologies.
* Work closely with team members through the full software development lifecycle: business/systems analysis, requirements gathering, documentation, development, testing and delivery.
* Follow solid engineering practices including configuration management using CM tools such as Subversion or CVS, and documentation according to ISO standards.
* Develop software applications that interact with Oracle Unified Communications Suite and Solaris 11 using Visual Basic, Perl and Solaris tools.
* Work with team members to design and implement disaster recovery solutions for Oracle Unified Communications Suite deployments.
* Develop software applications utilizing the OSGI framework.
* Develop software applications incorporating aircraft messaging in modern queuing systems.
* Work on Solaris, Linux and Windows Virtual Machines.
* Posses ten (10) or more years of experience with enterprise applications and knowledge of Solaris, Linux, Networking, perl, Java, php, sed and awk scripting, Maven, Unix shell, MQSeries, AMQP, MQTT, JMS, Java EE, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, CDI, JPA, JAXB, CVS, Git
* Possess ten (10) or more years of experience with Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite, Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition, Unbreakable Enterprise Linux, Solaris, Virtualized containers and ZFS.
* Possess a solid understanding of Internet Technology: DNS, NTP, NFS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP/LMTP, IMAP, POP3, MIME, XMPP, SMS, MMS.
* Experience with Solaris system administration.
* Experience with LDAP directory services.
* Experience in design and implementation of disaster recovery solutions.
* Possess basic knowledge of writing queries, and stored procedures in SQL.
* Familiarity with the Netbeans IDE, Eclipse.
* Posses good written communication skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic work environment.
* Possess experience working with Visio, and the Microsoft Suite.
* Ability to support 24x7 on call may be required in this position. This is normally on a rotating basis with other team members.
Education or Certification Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
* Substantial direct experience with Oracle Unified Communications Suite and length of professional tenure will be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.