12 months ago
The selected applicant will:
- Provide support to the Air Force’s Science and Technology Program, provide basic research, applied research, advanced technology development and transition of promising technologies to advanced system concepts or system product improvements such as Joint Concept Technology Demonstrations. As requested, support technology maturation analysis and insertion planning for specific weapons systems.
- Research, analyze, and develop recommendations on Air Force S&T policy.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on DOD policy as it applies to the Air Force S&T program.
- Research, analyze, and report on developing S&T trends, both domestic and international, and the implications of those trends for the Air Force S&T program.
- Research, analyze, and provide recommendations on OSD/Air Force scientific and programmatic studies (e.g., Defense Science Board (DSB), Nuclear Regulatory Committee (NRC), and Air Force Studies and Analysis Agency (AFSAA)).
- Research and analyze issues and provide preparation support for U.S. participation in the NATO Science and Technology Organization (STO).
- Review and report on policy-related issues and their programmatic effects on Air Force S&T programs.
- Review and provide recommendations on Air Force S&T information release.
- Assess and report on international technology trends and developments.
- Perform short-term research and analyses to evaluate lethality, survivability, producability, and affordability, including comparisons of capabilities with current inventory and against prospective U.S. and/or projected threat weapon systems.
- Advise on S&T investments and investment strategy. Recommend changes to increase effectiveness.
- Support Technology Readiness Reviews (TRR) and integrated program reviews.
- Research and analyze trends and factors that affect S&T programs and resources.
- Advise on on-going and proposed Air Force S&T effort efforts including detailed descriptions of the programs and analysis of potential payoff/transition of those efforts.
- Provide analysis of S&T efforts in other Services and Agencies including recommendations as to collaborations and technology transfer.
- Draft briefings, responses to Congressional enquiries, descriptive summaries, and financial spreadsheets of S&T programs.
Education/Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A Master’s Degree Science, Engineering, or a related discipline, and ten (10) years of scientific analysis experience is required.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.