4 months ago
Keyword: Senior SAP MRO (PM/CS) Solution Architect
Request Number: ITS-9594-002
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 1370-Aftermarket Applications
Division: Information Technology
Sector: Information Technology
Posting Start Date: 2018-04-24
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: By joining our IT team, you will be based in Longueuil and report to the DT (Digital Technology) Manager, Customer Service. The SAP MRO solution architect is responsible to find and propose innovative business process automation solutions. You will ensure the leveraging of best practices and current technologies & functionality within the PWC applications architecture to meet business needs.
• Recommend an approach for the deployment strategy of the new MRO solution across the Service Center network as part of the OneNetwork initiative;
• Manage or execute specific project deliverables and scope to ensure project schedules & timelines are respected;
• Articulate proposed solutions in business terms and demonstrate solution effectiveness in meeting business needs;
• Ensure systems integration across suite of core application platforms;
• Analyze business requirements and translate them into solution specifications;
• Breakdown the business requirements into comprehensive deliverables and estimate the work effort required to complete them;
• Contribute to the creation of a SOW (statement of work) for vendor managed projects and take part in the validation of vendor estimates with the PM;
• Ensure that adequate knowledge transfer has happened from the project development team to the post-go-live support team.
Specific responsibilities of position: • Plans, manages and performs the activities related to detailed analysis and design of DT solutions through the SAP modules related to MRO;
• Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities that are enabled by SAP functionality and related bolt-on applications;
• Ensure SAP MRO integration with other SAP modules as well as with other solutions (CRM, Customer Portal,...);
• Lead specific Customer Service related Web/Intranet and SAP Portal projects;
• Own and develop activity profiles and scripts, and related documentation;
• Identify, evaluate and implement business improvement opportunities and promote best practices in SAP in order to drive business benefits;
• Work in a multi-vendor environment and oversee vendor activities.
Qualifications required: •Bachelor degree with 6 to 10 years experience.
• Master degree with 4 to 7 years experience.
•Successful SAP MRO implementation and configuration experience (minimum 5 years SAP MRO experience).
• Good knowledge of other SAP systems (GTS, MII, PI,) and modules (SD, PS, MM, WM, etc.).
• Proficiency in business process design and SAP ECC configuration.
• Bilingual (French, English).
• Strong communicator with good facilitation skills.
• Open-minded, flexible approach to considering solution options/alternatives.
• Project Management skill set.
• SAP certification an asset.
• Familiarity with Web technology, MS CRM, SAP portal, Web industry standards an asset.
• Familiarity with Export Compliance regulations a definite asset.
• Knowledge of CATT, and a summary understanding of programming languages and debugging tools in ABAP, etc.
Field of studies: Administration, Administration/Commerce, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science
Additional Information: Some travel might be required during project implementation.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.