6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
You could be a great fit for our SIOP organization if:
* You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
* You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
* You understand the absolute importance of creating and maintaining a seamless materials planning process from start to finish…all while making your customers (and boss!) super proud by directly impacting our on-time delivery to our customers in a positive way.
Manages a team of intermediate or experienced professionals in Materials Planning and SIOP. Executes operational plans that include storing and shipping of products, executing activities, responding to complex inquiries, and ensuring quality of work. Leads in the development of inventory control reports and manuals.
* Manage a team of intermediate or experienced professionals and set short-term operational plans for team.
* Lead in the establishment of plans and maintaining data for purchased parts, subassemblies, end items and other parts as required.
* Spearhead the development of the capacity management process, including identification of capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SIOP.
* Lead in the establishment of continuous management for the master demand schedule, including adherence to required validations using the best information available.
* Responsible for the transportation and delivery of inter/intra-plant parts and outbound finished products.
* Oversee tracking of inter/intra-plant work in process (WIP), promise dating, and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
* Monitor tracking and shipping process.
* Lead in the development of plans to minimize risks for shortages and ensures successful customer delivery.
* Manage and lead cross functional teams by expanding sphere of influence to educate and engage team in data driven disciplined business decisions.
* 3+ years of experience in a SIOP or related position.
* ACE/Lean/Six Sigma (Certified ACE Associate Preferred).
* Ability to own the execution of long-term strategy (e.g., more than 3 years) and the operational direction, typically for a business of modest size and scope.
* Experience managing a team of primarily experienced professionals.
* Ability to influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
* Some travel required (10%)
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Business, or other applicable field.
* Master's degree in Logistics, Business, or other applicable field preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.