5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Works autonomously with limited oversight from manager. Responsible for both Program and Product Quality Engineering. Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance. Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product. Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect. Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts. Ensures all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance. Works as an individual contributor to achieve objectives that have a significant impact on area of responsibility. May manage Quality Engineering processes and/or projects. Uses experience and knowledge to influence the development, modification, application, and maintenance, or quality evaluation, control systems, and protocols. Utilizes UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.) to identify and make recommendations for managing risk in product development.
* Manage processes to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing
* Develop proactive quality initiative strategies and drive their implementation.
* Perform Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommend corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
* Identify and manage risk in product development primarily utilizing and driving UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.).
* Design and implements product engineering changes to satisfy quality issues raised by customers
* Develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
* Coach and review the work of lower level professionals
* Provide analysis and explanations of testing and inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
* Influence others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
* Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards set by EHS, Quality, and CI functions as set by your leader and position.
* Over 40 hours per week as scheduled to meet business needs.
* All other duties as assigned including working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business.
* 5+ years engineering experience with Bachelor Degree OR 3+ years’ experience with an Advanced degree in a related field.
* May consider engineering internship or cooperative experience in a related field
* Successful completion of the Operations Leadership Program preferred.
* Moderate proficiency in verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Moderate proficiency with 3D computer aided design (CAD) software, Solidworks preferred
* Moderate proficiency with detailed drawings including geometric tolerances and blueprint reading
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Moderate proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning System, SAP preferred
* Working manufacturing knowledge including the techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
* Working knowledge of production and processing including raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
* Basic knowledge of special processes, design, and other related engineering processes (such as design, test procedures, materials, etc.)Intermediate proficiency in software programs such as: Visio, Minitab, and Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
* Minimal travel required (<10%)
* Willingness to work nonstandard hours
* Some Holiday hours may be required based on business need
* Working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Material Science, Aerospace, or Mechanical) or related engineering or science field required.
* Lean Practitioner, Six Sigma, or equivalent certification preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.