4 months ago
Requisition ID: 9622
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team in Coralville, IA (1010). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Coralville Facility is currently searching for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position will be responsible for product assurance within the Top Level production area. The Top Level area is a high volume, fast paced manufacturing and test environment delivering mission critical products to customers throughout the world.
* Support internal audits for corporate and division quality procedures, as well as conduct internal audits of the Transportation & Security Standard Engineering Process (TSSEP).
* Oversee local quality audit program for Surface Transportation & Critical Infrastructure (ST&CI) Annapolis based projects.
* Perform analysis on local audit findings and produce monthly reports.
* Identify methods for improving product and process quality.
* Participate in subcontractor quality audits.
* Participate in project milestone reviews.
* Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing as required.
* Conduct local quality-related training.
* Support corporate quality assurance-related initiatives.
* Participate in and facilitate both internal and external ISO audits.
* Work with division staff to maintain CMMI ML3 rating.
* Ability to perform quality audits and evaluation across all phases of the service and product life cycle.
* Ability to review project documentation to ensure compliance with documentation standards and applicable client standards.
* Lead root cause analysis activities against selected internal and external nonconformance’s
* Facilitate project lessons learned events
* Train/coach team on quality related activities
* Assist in managing ST&CI Training Management function
* Participate and help administer the Engineering Process Group
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Experience in Manufacturing
* Experience in Quality Assurance
* Experience with ISO9001/AS9100 (highly desired)
* Excellent Document Review Capabilities (related to adherence to standards and specifications, readability, grammatical correctness, presentation, etc.)
* ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer
* Six Sigma or Lean Experience
* Experience supporting manufacturing
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.