2 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
* You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
* You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
* You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers (and boss!) super proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero-defect parts.
This position contributes to the company mission and is essential to the general flow of work for the entire Strategic Business Unit (Landing Systems). The primary focus of this position includes strategic planning and implementation of quality activities for the Troy Machining and Assembly Operations as well as management of the Troy Quality Department to provide assurance that Troy's Wheels and Brake products meet customer and FAA requirements.
* Management of Quality Engineering, Inspection, Calibration, Auditing, and Configuration Control functions to ensure product quality meets customer and FAA requirements.
* Assure the preparation, retention, and control of all objective evidence of conformance to requirements including records of inspection, test, process control, audit, etc.
* Conduct and/or supervise studies to determine the cause, effect, and corrective measures necessary to remedy quality deviations.
* Plan, organize, and coordinate implementation of quality improvement activities; Zero Defect Planning, PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), and Manufacturing Plan Review.
* Accountable for establishment and control of an annual budget for the Quality Department.
* Enforces compliance to UTAS Internal Policies (e.g. Business Conduct, EEOC, EH&S, Security, etc.) within the Quality Department.
* Responsible and accountable for setting departmental short and long-term objectives that support and meet the strategic long-term objectives of the business.
* Manage capital projects within and across departments and/or business units.
* Accountable for the control of output, control of quality performance, budget development and spending, labor efficiency, and human utilization to provide a continuous reduction in product cost and a corresponding increase in quality and on-time-delivery.
* Responsible for evaluating subordinates' performance.
* Define/communicate duties, responsibilities, authority, and accountability of all direct reports. Identify training needs, nurture, challenge and develop all direct/ indirect reports in their positions and preparing them for career opportunities.
* Create and implement new techniques and procedures including development and the implementation of process improvement methods in the assigned areas.
* Responsible for coordination of activities inside and outside the assigned areas of the Quality Departments including adherence to purchase order requirements.
* Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action and ensures compliance within area of responsibility. Provides recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
* Reviews and interprets UTAS, customer and FAA specifications and requirements for product acceptance.
* Perform and oversee basic quality functions (i.e. internal and external audits, assisting in conducting corrective action investigations) necessary to support areas.
* Establish business objectives, set Departmental goals (cost, quality, etc.) and assist in removing obstacles to complete those goals.
* Interaction with the FAA, Troy Quality and Engineering Organizations, and other Carbon Products Quality and Engineering organizations.
* Drive program issues to a resolution
* Provide decisions on the acceptability of material as far as meeting fit, form, or function.
* Manage and assure the site's Quality Clinic program is effective and maintain its certification status.
* Provides leadership to Quality and manufacturing organizations on product compliance, customer, and UTAS business expectations
* 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
* 2-5 years' experience in Quality
* Demonstrated experience managing a team of direct/indirect reports and strong leadership skills.
* Knowledge of and background in AS9100 is preferred
* Basic Mechanical and Electrical understanding.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Strong work ethic and motivation and ability to work with limited supervision.
* Ability to problem solve, exercising creativity with practical solutions.
* Sound administrative skills.
* Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth
* Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
* Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or be an appropriate visa holder (TN)
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments; as such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Master's Degree in Engineering, Management, Engineering Technology, or other relevant STEM discipline.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Management, Engineering Technology, or other relevant STEM discipline.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.