Senior Project Manager
Thurso or travel to site
Competitive package with potential for living expenses REF: SF27758
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a proven Senior Project Manager to oversee a number of multimillion pound construction and decommissioning projects at the Dounreay site.
Cavendish Nuclear are part of a £400M framework to deliver supportive services to the site, the SPM will be at the forefront of the work going through the bidding stages and managing the lifecycle through to completion of works.
The successful candidate will be required to establish metrics and KPI's for incorporation into regular reports to stakeholders on the status of the individual projects.
You will come from a Nuclear or Civil Infrastructure background with proven experience of effectively delivering complex projects.
Although this role is based in Thurso we will consider applications from other locations with the understanding that it will involve frequent travel to site, in some circumstances we will provide living accommodation.
- Contractor's representative under the terms of the contract.
- Responsible for representing the customer needs to the project team and vice versa.
- Develop and manage the contract programme.
- Manage the overall contract to ensure delivery or betterment of the contract margin.
- Responsible for ensuring contract processes are properly and effectively managed.
- Manage and approve the gates and gate review process.
- Identify and manage risk and opportunities.
- To chair project constructability or build-ability reviews
- Coordinate with the design authority in selection of personnel providing 'Design Functions' in the location
- To agree construction strategies with the engineering department as required for the project.
- To provide input into safety case,HAZOPS and HAZIDS Studies and associated construction requirements
- Actively demonstrate an attitude to safe working practice that reflects our own and our Client's culture strong safety culture.
- Analysis - able to analyse and manipulate received data and present finding.
- Proposals - able to critique requirements and compile strategies into targeted proposals as solutions to problems
- Communicate - able to articulate proposals, results and methodologies clearly and concisely across a wide variety of media
- Project Management - is able to work within a structured project management environment and deliver projects in compliance with agreed procedures on time and to the agreed standard.
- Identification, authoring and modification the Management System Documentation and compliance processes for construction site
- Line Management and maintenance of a duty of care for a team and personnel working on the project
- Mentoring and development planning for personnel.
- Recruitment processing and competency evaluations.
What do I need to do the role?
- Project delivery - demonstrate an understanding of the importance of delivery to programme in terms of time and cost
- Compliance - demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate compliance requirements in regulated environments
- Technical - Knowledge and understanding of engineering principles and how they are applied to the design and construction of piping systems and process plant
- Experience required: Proven track record in the nuclear or similar regulated sector including working on engineering and/or construction engineering projects.
- Minimum Requirement: HNC/Degree in Engineering or Construction. Professional Membership to a relevant organisation.
What else do I need to know?
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.